Additional physical security options.
1. Always use physical security, if you use a disc lock fit it on the rear wheel not the front so it’s harder to access and bikes are harder to move with the rear wheel locked.
2. If your insurance allows it don’t use the steering lock as they are too easy to break and increase the chances of your bike being written off from an attempted theft (This tip assumes you are using a disc lock at least!)
3. If parking in public use a bike cover to make the bike less conspicuous.
4. Never keep alarm remote and keys together, if you lose the keys not only can your bike be ridden away but you also make it easy for the thief to find your bike.
5. Always program the PIN code for your alarm if you have one. Read the manual and know how to disarm by PIN in case you lose or damage the remote.
Physical Security – Croc Lock
Croc Lock has been designed as an easy to use, highly visible, theft deterrent for scooters, motorcycles and ATVs. Croc Lock works by locking the brake lever to the handlebar, preventing the vehicle from being pushed or ridden away. Made from glass reinforced plastic which is impact and saw resistant, Croc Lock is more visible than a disc lock, easier to install and impossible to forget.
Physical Security – Motorcycle security cover
The Datatool motorcycle security cover is the first and only cover that warns potential thieves that there may be a security system fitted to the motorcycle.
Physical Security – Smart Charger
The Datatool Smart Charger motorcycle battery charger / conditioner is designed to keep your motorcycle battery in its optimum state, especially during long periods of inactivity or cold weather conditions.
Smart Charger was designed by motorcyclists, for motorcyclists and offers the complete set of features you need and can even pay for itself by saving the life of your battery.
The fold-out convenience hook keeps the charger from being kicked around the garage floor whilst the clever charging and diagnostic circuit first tests the battery and then charges it whilst continually monitoring the level of charge. Once the battery is back to the optimum charge level, the Smart Charger switches to maintenance mode, keeping the battery at peak performance for when the vehicle is next used.